Adverbs are terms that modify any one of the immediate following:
- a verb(He drove gradually. — exactly just just How did he drive?)
- an adjective (He drove a extremely quick automobile. — How fast had been their vehicle?)
- another adverb (She relocated quite gradually along the aisle. — exactly exactly How slowly did she go?)
Adverbs usually tell when, where, why, or under exactly what conditions one thing occurs or occurred. Adverbs usually end up in -ly; nonetheless, numerous phrases and words perhaps perhaps perhaps not closing in -ly serve an adverbial function as well as an ending that is-ly maybe perhaps not an assurance that a term is an adverb. The text beautiful, lonely, motherly, friendly, neighbourly, by way of example, are adjectives:
- That lovely woman life in a friendly neighbourhood.
If a small grouping of terms containing a topic and verb functions as an adverb (changing the verb of the phrase), it really is named an adverb clause:
- If this class is finished, we’re going into the films.
Whenever a small grouping of terms maybe perhaps not containing an interest and acts that are verb an adverb, it’s called an adverbial expression. Read More